Sunday, December 5, 2010

Mari's Dinner Rolls

I actually love eating baked goods. I just have one problem. I always have trouble baking because I hate allowing for rise time. I'm lame, I know. But I have been determined to make some baked goods, if for nothing else than to use up the mega pack of yeast I've had in my fridge FOREVER. I started with these. I made them to go with Ellee's Cheesy Potato Soup Recipe that is also on this blog. And they went together well. I enjoyed making these rolls.

2 1/2 cups warm water
2 Tbsp. yeast
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. salt
5 cups flour

--Note: You can apparently shorten the rise time the second time to less than 10 minutes. I tried it and it was true. A shorter rise time didn't hurt anything.

--Dissolve yeast in water. Add all ingredients except flour and mix. Add 1/2 of the flour and beat until smooth. Add rest of flour until soften or cleans sides of bowl. Knead 5 minutes. Raise one hour, shape, put on greased pan and raise again (about 1/2 hour). Bake @ 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 2 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment