Friday, December 31, 2010

Italian Sodas

Matt really loves making these. So I always look for deals on Torani's syrup, which can be very pricey. In town, I've found the best place to get the syrup is Harmon's. They have the best selection and if I look every time I go in, I can eventually find it on sale. We also look in other stores just to see. So on vacation we can come back with a couple bottles. Granado's in SLC has even more flavors. We got Blackberry there once, but it wasn't cheaper. Typically we can find Raspberry, cherry and peach at Harmon's. And they have sugar-free syrups for my parents. It's pretty nice.

So it's kind of one of those reicpes we just eyeball actually. It depends on how sweet you want it. Here are some basic directions though:

10 oz. club soda
4 oz. syrup
4 oz. half and half
ice
stirring sticks

Mix all the ingredients together. To make extra special you can use cream, but I think it makes it to thick for me.

I like to use the stirring sticks because it makes it look fancy and people like it. I once couldn't find the sticks and got the straws instead and it made me smile to see grown men using little coffee straws and sipping from them. lol

We've tried to make this a New Years tradition. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment