Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Taos Chicken and Pasta

I got this recipe from my cousin Jenna who has her own, much more successful recipe blog. She got this recipe from her SIL or something like that. But I think this is one of my favorites of all time. I really like recipes that taste excellent just from the basic recipe and not because I tweaked it. This would be one of those. There is one other one I got from her that is that way. Maybe I'll get to that next.

1/4 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 Tbsp. dried basil leaves
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 large bell pepper*

1.) Combine soy sauce, broth, oil, basil, ginger and garlic powder. Marinate with chicken (cubed) for 2-3 hours. Refrigerated. Stir occasionally.
2.) Pour off marinade and save. In large skillet, coated with non-stick spray, cook chicken until lightly browned and no longer pink in center. Add bell pepper and saute 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and add marinade to skillet. Stir in cornstarch and cook until thickened. Add back chicken and peppers.
3.) Cook pasta according to package directions. Serve chicken and sauce over cooked pasta. Serves 8.



*I am not a green pepper fan. But if they are cooked all the way through they are OK. Well so this pepper cooks all the way through I cut it, mince it really, into very small peices. I use my Pampered Chef hand chopper in fact. And then they are perfect little bits of pepper that cook quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment