Sunday, January 3, 2010

Berry-Mi-Su

I got this recipe from Rachel Ray. We love it. And I'm making it on Friday so I need to put it some place easier. Someday I hope to adapt it to a large pan. This is a favorite of Matt's.

Note to self: I made this with mainly just a frozen berry blend and it worked very well because I got more juice to soak the ladyfingers in. I ended up just adding a few strawberries. This was SO much cheaper!

Ingredients
  • 1 package ladyfingers
  • 1 package frozen raspberries, defrosted, 10 ounces
  • 8 large strawberries, sliced
  • 1/2 cup fresh blackberries, a couple of handfuls
  • 1 cup mascarpone cheese, available in specialty cheese case of supermarket
  • 1/3 cup heavy cream
  • 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar

Directions

Open the ladyfingers and separate them.

Strain the frozen berries over a bowl, reserve juice. Combine defrosted raspberries with sliced strawberries and blackberries.

Line 4 martini glasses with a single layer of ladyfingers, letting the cakes overlap a bit at the stem. Press the cakes down a bit to fit the lines of the glass. Paint the ladyfingers with raspberry juice, liberally. Beat cheese with cream and sugar on low, 2 minutes. Spoon berries, then sweetened mascarpone into glasses. Top glasses off with a cap of the ladyfingers dotted with berry juice and more mixed berries.

No comments:

Post a Comment