Monday, January 9, 2012

Homemade Raspberry Ice Cream

Whenever I make a fruit ice cream recipe I try to keep it simple. My general rule is 2 cups of fruit, 2 cups of sugar and 2 cups of cream. It has worked well for me. More than 2 cups of fruit and then it will turn it into more of a sherbet. A VERY sweet sherbet.

Sometimes raspberries aren't as sweet as I expect them to be and I need to put in more sugar. So before you freeze it, make sure you try it. Make sure it is almost TOO SWEET before you freeze it.

So following this guide this is what the recipe is:
2 cups raspberries
2 cups sugar
2 cups cream
whole milk

Mash raspberries into a pulp. (You can not mash them if you want whole raspberries, but I like them mashed.) My father likes to strain the seeds, which you are welcome to do. I like the seeds in and I'm too lazy to strain them.

Mix sugar into the mashed raspberries and then mix the cream. Put into the ice cream maker and fill the ice cream maker to the fill line with milk. Then it's ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment