Sunday, May 22, 2011

Shrimp Dip

My sister recommended a couple of appetizers as well. This is the first one. I wasn't sure because shrimp is not my favorite. It was tasty, but I have to confess that it will never be a favorite of mine. However, some of my friends LOVED this dip.

1 lb. roll of round bread (a bigger, harder bread bowl)
1/2 cup chopped onions
2 Tbsp. butter
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup grated SHARP cheddar cheese
1 cup (1/2 lb.) of small cooked shrimp

--Cut of top of bread bowl and hallow out. Microwave onion and butter for three minutes. Stir into mayonnaise. Add cheese and shrimp. Fill bread with mixture. Put lid on bread, bake filled bread at 325 for 30 minutes or until heated through.

Serve with baguettes, crackers or tortilla chips.

*Heather told me she didn't have good luck with cooking it in the bread bowl. So she cooked it in a bowl and then put it in the bread bowl later. This is what I did and it worked out fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment