Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Poached Eggs

What I thought: This is a great idea, but my eggs never cooked. I think the timing on this is wrong and it needs much longer than it said on these directions. So in the future, I need to give it WAY more time.

After discovering the blog 365 Days of Crockpot (huge thanks Jamie) what is the first thing I post, poached eggs. I have a perpetual fear of poaching eggs, but this is my cup of tea. Now all I have to do is find a good recipe for Hollandaise Sauce and it's Eggs Benedict, here I come!



Pour 4 cups boiling water in the bottom of the slow cooker and set the temperature to "High." Cover and heat for 20 minutes.

Spray custard cups with non-stick cooking spray. Break one egg into each cup.

Place the eggs in their custard cups into the crock pot in a single layer and cook on high for 12 minutes. Test your eggs for doneness. If the white is solid, but the yolk soft, the egg is done. If the egg white is still runny, cover the crock pot and cook a few minutes longer.

Remove and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment