Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Beef Stick

So I know Beef Stick. I've sold it for the last 11 years or so. And when my friend Kaye said she had a recipe for it I had to try it. So she made some and gave me the recipe. So here's a secret though. I hate the Beef Stick I sell. I think it is too greasy. But this one tastes really close and isn't greasy! Amazing! The one I had was a little peppery, but Kaye said I didn't have to put so much peppers in it. So here's the recipe:

4 lbs. Hamburger
2 Tbsp. Liquid Smoke
1 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/4 cup curing salt
(Morton's Tender Quick)
1 1/2 tsp. Red Chili Peppers (dried)

Mix together and chill for 24 hours. Divide into 4ths. Shape into 8" logs. Roll in nylon netting. Close ends with ties (not plastic) like from bread packages. Bake on rack in pan at 225 degrees for 4 hours. Refrigerate. Slice as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment