Thursday, November 26, 2009

Russian Teacakes/Mexican Wedding Cakes

So I should explain. I haven't tried these recipes. But I want to, so I'm sticking them here. I'm going to put several in a row of recipes my mom gave her from a "Family Fair" in her ward. It is always interesting to me when people give out recipes. I assume it means these are the best their family has to offer. We shall see.

From: Betty Crocker
Makes: 2 dozen

Bake @ 400 for 10-12 minutes.

1 cup butter or margarine (but don't ever bake with margarine. That's insane.)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup chopped nuts

Heat oven to 400 degrees and mix first three ingredients. Work in next three ingredients. Shape dough into 1" balls. Bake for 10-12 minutes. While warm, roll in powdered sugar. Cool. Roll in sugar again.

I think I've had these before. I'll update when I make these.

No comments:

Post a Comment