Thursday, November 26, 2009

Panipopo

There are a couple Hawaiian families in our neighborhood. And it is very pleasing to the mouth. This is a recipe for some rolls that are basically cooked in a coconut sauce. I would like to try these myself sometime.

Basic roll recipe that makes about 30 rolls.

Or

Rhodes Rolls (frozen)

1st Sauce - for first layer on bottom of pan.

1 can coconut milk
1 cup sugar
3 Tbsp. cornstarch, mixed in 2/3 cup water

Cook on stove until thickened then pour on the bottom of pan.

Place rolls on top of sauce. Let rise until double.

2nd Sauce - for the top of rolls

2 cans coconut milk
2 cups sugar
4 Tbsp cornstarch, mixed in 1 1/2 cups water

Cook like first sauce and pour over top of rolls before baking. Follow normal baking time to the rolls you used.

Now I know the recipe didn't say it, but I think these are made in a 9 x 13 pan. Hopefully. I should get a move on and make this one.

**Make this recently. IT was A-MAZ-ING. I am hoping to get more Luau recipes so I can do the whole thing myself. My brother lived in Hawaii for almost a year. They came back with some recipes, some of which I tried. You can also find some traditional recipes for a luau at the Polynesian Cultural Center's website. Look under Luau!

No comments:

Post a Comment