Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Ricotta Cookies

I am exploring a new food blog.  Because that is fun for me.  But I found these and I would like to try them.  I found them on vittlesandbits.blogspot.com.

Ingredients:
2 cups sugar
1 cuo butter, softened
2 cups ricotta cheese
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs
4 cups flour (anything that calls for 4 cups has to make a lot!)
2 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
3 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract

--Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  On low, beat butter and sugar until blended.  Then increase speed to high and beat until light and fluffly (about 5 more minutes).

On medium, beat in ricotta, vanilla and eggs until combined.

Reduce speed to low and add flour, baking powder and salt.  Beat until dough forms.

One tablespoon at a time, either drop cookies onto greased sheet or form them into balls.  (Balls are a little easier to ice later because they don't have pointy edges.)

Bake 12-15 minutes until lightly golden. Cookies will be soft.

Cool completely on rack.

Prepare icing by combining sugar , milk and vanilla until smoot.  Food coloring can be added to glaze if you prefer colored icing (I don't.)

Glaze cookies, and decorate with sprinkles if desired.  Put back on rack to dry.  (No sprinkles either. I just want the cookie and glaze.)

No comments:

Post a Comment