Sunday, August 6, 2017

Grandma's Potato Salad

This recipe came from my Grandma. This is my favorite recipe and it's so much easier when I make this with an Instant Pot.

Original Recipe:
10-12 potatoes
1 dozen eggs (I usually do 18)
1/2 red onion

--Boil potatoes whole until fork-tender. Hard boil eggs. Peel potatoes while still warm. Dice potatoes and out in large bowl. Peel eggs and cut up and put in bowl. Add onions. Make sauce and add potato mixture. Salt and pepper to taste.

Sauce: 1 quart mayonnaise, 2-3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar. Mix and add to potatoes.

Instant Pot Adaptation:
I bought two Instant Pots just to make this recipe.

Cook eggs using the 6-6-6 method. Put the desired amount of eggs on trivet and a cup of water in Instant Pot. Start on manual for 6 minutes, NR 6 minutes, then put in ice bath for 6 minutes.

Put potatoes in other instant pot with trivet for 15 minutes, with one cup water, QR.

No comments:

Post a Comment