Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Frozen Fondant for dipping in chocolate

From Scott Johnson:

Frozen Fondant for dipping in chocolate


Basic recipe
5 Cups  Powered Sugar
1 (12-oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp. Vanilla

Mix and freeze
Form Balls and refreeze
Dip in melted chocolate
roll in or sprinkle with nuts before chocolate is hardened
at room temperature, chocolate will be firm and fondant center will be soft.

Variations
When I make this recipe I usually split into 4 portions and then add flavored extract to three of the portions.  I have used and liked coconut, almond, and cherry extracts.  Also, I don't like surprises in chocolates, so I usually make it so I can tell what is in them.  I put fresh grated coconut, and  almond slivers or slices on top to mark those two, and have used a dot of red colored chocolate (use oil based coloring, not water) to mark the top for the cherry.  I use nuts for the vanilla centers.

No comments:

Post a Comment