Monday, December 31, 2012

Chicken Bryan

I have a confession about Pinterest. I'm a little embarrassed about it actually.  I kind of view it like a catalog.  I like to browse and look at all the fun stuff, but I rarely make the stuff.  I mean I'd love to.  If I had unlimited amounts of money and time, it would be fantastic.  I've heard about many flops people have had.  And I don't think I've had a Pinterest flop yet.  Because I almost never make them.  BUT I have.  And I've enjoyed them.  But it's not very often.  Every once in a while I find a Pinterest recipe that I really MUST make.  And this is one.  This is supposedly the recipe of my FAVORITE dish at Carrabbas.  Oh yum.  I am jumping up and down with excitement.  THIS ONE...will be made.  But not today.  New Years Eve we do fondue!


2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
kosher salt, to taste
fresh ground pepper, to taste
olive oil
4 ounces goat cheese
6 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
2 -4 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
4 teaspoons onions, minced
4 teaspoons garlic, minced
8 tablespoons butter, divided
6 tablespoons white wine
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 1 large lemon's worth)

Directions:

1
Brush chicken on both sides with olive oil, season to taste with Kosher salt and cracked pepper.
2
Grill chicken until done (internal temp of 165F) - prepare lemon butter sauce while chicken is grilling.
3
Sautee onion and garlic in 2 Tbps butter until soft and fragrant.
4
Add white wine and lemon juice, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10 minutes to reduce.
5
Add remaining 6 Tbsp butter, a little at a time, until it melts and mixture is emulsified.
6
Add chopped sun-dried tomatoes and basil, heat until hot (but do not overheat or sauce may break).
7
Top nearly-done chicken breasts with 2 oz each of the goat cheese until cheese warms and softens.
8
To serve, spoon lemon butter sauce over chicken breasts.
9
Enjoy! I serve this dish with pasta tossed in butter or olive oil (the delicious lemon butter sauce will perfect it), garlic mashed potatoes and a green salad -- yummmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment