Thursday, December 20, 2012

Atticus's Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies

My friend Cliss's husband (that's a mouthful) makes the best cookie.  They are like heaven.  When I had these he had put white chocolate and craisins in them, rather then chocolate chips.  Yum doesn't even begin to describe Neal's cookies.  (The family calls him Atticus.)

Mix in a Bowl:
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

In the mixer first mix:
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
Then add: 1 cup (2 sticks) butter (soft)
Then add: 1 egg & 1 teaspoon vanilla

Then slowly add: the flour mixture that was in the first bowl.

Last: add 2 cups chocolate.
(I will have to ask him, but I think I would put a cup of white chocolate chips AND a cup of craisins in.  At least until further notice I'm going to go with that.)
Refrigerate 1 1/2 hours and then cook for 9-11 minutes at 375 degrees.

Also, here's a list of tips he wrote down:
-make sure butter is soft
-don't use too much butter or sugar
-don't over beat butter
-chilling dough=prevents spreading (He told me this was the most important step.)
-higher temperature+shorter time=soft cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment