Friday, September 21, 2012

Easy Vegetable Pizza

This is one of my favorite recipes.  I think it is a Pampered Chef recipe.  When I served it last night there was some discussion how my recipe was a little different.  I use dill to season it and a couple of the others used a ranch dressing packet.  I really love the taste of dip (in the right food) and would consider this a superior option, but that's just one persons opinion.  I also have a dill hamburger roll recipe that is to die for. Love them.  (Those two recipes are the reason I buy dill.  Oh  and I recently learned to put it on cooked carrots with butter.  Oh yum.)

2 (8-oz.) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp. dill weed
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1/2  cup small fresh broccoli florets
1/3 cup cucumber slices, seeded and quartered
1/4 cup shredded carrot

--Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Unroll both cans of dough into 4 long rectangles.  Place in ungreased jelly roll pan; press over bottom and up sides to form crust.  Bake at 375 degrees for 13 to 17 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool 30 minutes or until completely cooled.  In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, dill and garlic powder; blend until smooth. Spread over cooled crust.  Top with vegetables.  Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.  Cut into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment