Friday, September 21, 2012

Artichoke Nibbles

This is one new thing I served at Sit n chat last night.  All the others were already on here.  :)  I also served Apple Streusel Cheesecake Bars, a fruit tart and Veggie Pizza. 

2 jars (6-oz.) marinated artichokes
1 small onion
1 clove garlic, mashed
4 eggs
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. oregano
1/8 tsp. Tabasco
1-lb. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1/4 cup bread crumbs

--Drain juice from 1 artichoke jar into frying pan, add onion and garlic, and saute until onion is limp (5 minutes).  Chop all artichokes and set aside.  In a bowl beat eggs with fork; add crumbs, salt, pepper, oregano, and Tabasco.  Stir in cheese, artichokes and onion mixture.  Pour into greased 9x9 inch baking pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Cool in pan slightly.  Cut in 1-inch squares.

Note:  Prepare ahead and store in refridgerator and bake it when you are ready to serve or freeze unbaked 2 months.

MY note:  I actually ended up treating this like any dip.  My brain did not want to eat this without chips, so I served it with chips and let people spoon it out.  It was pretty tasty how I served it.  I'm not sure about the other way.  Someone will have to let me know.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment