Friday, June 1, 2012

Luau Recipes

No, I've never been to Hawaii.  Not that I don't want to go, it just hasn't happened yet.  But I love the food.

I have a few other luau recipes on here already.  And I needed more.  Because....I've been trying to find more ideas for big group meals.

In the past, when I wanted to have a bunch of people over for dinner (30+ people), I have used the following ideas:

Soup and Sandwiches
Mexican (Enchiladas, refried beans, salsa, chips, guacamole, etc.)
Cafe Rio Salads
Barbecue (Shredded Chicken, Shredded Pork or Beef Brisket, with Potato Salad, Baked Beans, etc.)

I could always do Italian food, Asian and stuff like that,

But I wanted to expand my horizons.  And my kids food palates.

So I've been surfing the web for more Luau recipes.  I've found a couple of sites I want to start from:

Go Hawaii

And the recipes on Go Hawaii.

I plan on asking this amazing cook in our ward as well.  Let's see how far I get before my next big event, Ally's Baptism.  So anyone want to come to our Luau in November.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment