Thursday, April 12, 2012

Boston Market Chicken

I love, LOVE, going out to eat. It is my weakness. My favorites are Cafe Rio, Kneaders, Magelby's Fresh, Rubio's and El Pollo Loco. Which I can all find locally. Yay me!

My VERY favorite I can't find here anymore. It went out while I was in college. Boston Market is the BEST. It way beats out KFC in taste and yumminess. And it's better for you as well. Many years ago I tracked down the recipe for Boston Market Chicken. I huffed a little when I saw the recipe because it called for Chicken BREASTS. What? Anyone, who is ANYONE, knows they keep the skin on their chicken. So I used a whole, cut up chicken. It worked fairly well, even though it wasn't rotisserie.

1/4 cup canola oil
1 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. lime juice
1/4 tsp. paprika
4 chicken breast halves, washed and patted dry

--Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Ina small bowl, combine canola oil, honey, lime juice and paprika. Place chicken, skin side up, in a 7x11 inch baking dish. Apply mixture to chicken pieces in a single layer. Bake in over for 35-40 minutes, basting every 8-10 minutes, until well browned and juices run clear when you cut into the thickest part of the chicken. Remove from oven. Cover with foil for 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment