Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Mexican Mess

The first time I heard of this dish, I was over at a friend house as a kid. I remember trying it and thinking it was tasty. I've been wanting to make this again, just to see if it was as good as I remembered. And I liked it. It tasted like a taco.

I don't love how this recipe is written. It has very generic details so I'm going to tell you what I actually ended up using.


Layer in a 9x13 pan (sprayed with Pam) the following:
1 lg. can refried beans (I used: 2 regular cans)
1 1/2 lbs. hamburger, browned and drained (I used: 1 lb. ground turkey)
1 (7-oz.) can diced green chilies (I bought 2 (4-oz.) cans. I used one can.)
3 cups shredded cheese (I used Colby Jack.)
1 bottle taco sauce (I bought a large bottle and used half of it.)

--Cook above ingredients for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.

Garnish with:
chopped green onions (I omitted)
chopped olives (I omitted)
tomatoes
guacamole
sour cream
I added: shredded lettuce

Eat with tortilla chips.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy and easy! I am going to have to try it (sans beef). :)

    ReplyDelete