Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sloppy Joes

I know, I know. It could be a Manwich night. But honestly, my husaband doesn't like Manwhich and I like Sloppy Joes. So when I found this recipe in Essential Mormon Celebrations I had to try it. It is it a hit over here. So here it goes...

3 lb. ground beef (I admit I only did two pounds of ground turkey. It tasted fine.)
1 tsp. salt
1 c. chopped onion (I omit.)
1 cup ketchup
1 (10-oz.) can tomato soup
2 tsp. vinegar (white)
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce (optional)
2 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
12 hamburger buns

Brown meat in a large skillet; drain fat. Sprinkle with salt. Add chopped onion and cook until tender. Stir in ketchup, tomato soup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Simmer for 30 minutes. Serve with hamburger buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment