Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Alfredo Sauce with Chicken

My cousin Jenna gave me this recipe. And it is a very good recipe. I only had one complaint. And seeing as she had the same complaint I decided to see if I could do something about it. It was too thin. The sauce was very liquidy. It didn't stick to your pasta noodles. It tasted so good, but it drove me crazy how thin it was.

So I changed it. Actually, I only added one thing. And it made all the difference. Flour. I added flour and made a roux first. I found however that just cream was now too thick, so then I added plain milk and a cup cream instead.

So here is the same recipe with my changes. Which admittedly aren't that many. :)

Alfredo Sauce:
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour

Melt butter on medium to medium high heat and mix in flour. Mix together until a light yellow color.

1 cup milk (I have used anything from 2% to skim with pretty much the same results.)
1 cup cream
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder (I prefer granulated garlic. Some powders clump.)
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Stir in remaining ingredients into roux. Continue to simmer on medium heat until thickened.

Italian Chicken

Elijah feels very ripped off if I try to make the Alfredo Sauce without this chicken. It is his favorite meal with the chicken.

1-lb. chicken tenderloins
garlic salt
Italian seasoning

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken on baking sheet covered in tin foil. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and garlic salt. Sprinkle with olive oil for extra crispiness. Bake for 15 minutes then flip over and bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through.

1 comment:

  1. That's so funny...David is the same way--if you make this pasta, the chicken has to be there too! So funny. And I'm glad you posted the changes...now I have a recipe to follow rather than try to go by memory on what you mentioned! Hurray!

    ReplyDelete