Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Perfect Fingerling Potatoes

This is seriously my favorite potato right now.  It is so good, but is so bad for you.  So we don't do it very much.  I just made this with grilled Telapia, with fresh tomatoes and corn.  The kids, or rather the older two kids, LOVED it.  And so did I.  Please make these at least once.

The recipe is one of Alton Brown's excellent recipes.  One of the reasons I wish I had food network!

Ingredients
1 1/4 pounds kosher or rock salt
2 quarts water
2 pounds small fingerling potatoes, cleaned
4 tablespoons butter, optional
Freshly ground black pepper, optional
1 tablespoon freshly chopped chives, optional
Directions
In a large pot, combine the salt, water, and potatoes and bring to a boil. Cook until the potatoes are fork-tender, approximately 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from the pot to a cooling rack and let stand for 5 to 7 minutes. Serve as is or with butter, pepper, or chives.

No comments:

Post a Comment